Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

As most of the Dowd clan knows, the St. Louis Dowds (thats me) are in Moab, Utah for the holidays. Today was Christmas, and we had a great time. After the presents and a great breakfast, my brother Dan and I headed out for a little afternoon hike.

We went to Hidden Valley, a hike which is decievingly difficult. At the trail head, it looked as though we would hike through a gap in the rocks, but as it turned out, that was not the plan. We hiked straight up the bluff, about 900 feet of zig-zagging "trail" (I use that word lightly, as it was more of the path of least resistance, and less of a trail). Anyway, it was a great hike to burn off some of the ham and potatoes from Christmas Eve dinner. Here a few photos from the trailhead looking back. I regret that I never took a picture of the bluff we climbed, and I didnt bring my camera with me on the hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment